mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Running openSAML2.1 under JDK 1.4
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:33:10 -0400

I don't have a timeline at the moment, but the background was that we recently switched to a Maven-based build process, from an An-based one, and as far as I understand it, Maven doesn't play well with the tool we were using to generate 1.4 binaries, called Retroweaver.

wrote:
First off, just wanted to say great job on the openSAML 2.1 release. I have been able
to use the API to create a SAML 1.1 Post Profile solution, when other products came up
short. I currently have it working under JDK 1.5, but I really need this to run under
JDK 1.4. Can you provide any timings on when that port will be available. I saw
mention on the site that "1.4 build are currently disabled, but will return
shortly". Thanks again, Kurt