mace-opensaml-users - Maven builds of java-xmltooling

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Maven builds of java-xmltooling

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Maven builds of java-xmltooling
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:10:37 -0400 (EDT)

I pulled down the latest openSAML code from the SubVersion repos. I am
trying to get a successful build in maven so that I can start walking through
the code and understand how it all works. I can clean and compile just fine
with command line maven, but when it comes to the "tests" the majority of
them fail.

Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.27 sec <<<
FAILURE!
testObjectProviderConfiguration(org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationTest) Time
elapsed: 0.04 sec <<< ERROR!
org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationException: Configuration file does not validate
against schema
at
org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.validateConfiguration(XMLConfigurator.java:357)

at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:145)
at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:125)
at
org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationTest.testObjectProviderConfiguration(ConfigurationTest.java:84)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve
'test:SimpleElement' as a QName: the prefix 'test' is not declared.
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.Util.toSAXParseException(Util.java:109)

at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.ErrorHandlerAdaptor.error(ErrorHandlerAdaptor.java:104)

at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:382)

at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:316)

at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:429)

at com.

Now, from what I read on the site these errors are related to Xalan and
Xerces missing from the endorsed directories. I am building under WinXP and
have added these files under my JDK 1.5 endorsed directory just to be safe.
I also tried to update the POM file to include them during testing, but no
luck there either. I would have expected that the POM file controls where
these jars come from when running the Maven commands, so not sure if I am
just missing something simple here.

-Kurt