mace-opensaml-users - Maven builds

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Maven builds

  • From: "Kurt Werner" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Maven builds
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 14:05:08 -0500

Hi,

I pulled down the latest openSAML code from the SubVersion repos.  I am trying to get a successful build in maven so that I can start walking through the code and understand how it all works.  I can clean and compile just fine with command line maven, but when it comes to the "tests" the majority of them fail.

Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.27 sec <<< FAILURE!
testObjectProviderConfiguration(org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationTest)  Time elapsed: 0.04 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationException: Configuration file does not validate against schema
        at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.validateConfiguration(XMLConfigurator.java:357)
        at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:145)
        at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:125)
        at org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationTest.testObjectProviderConfiguration(ConfigurationTest.java:84)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve 'test:SimpleElement' as a QName: the prefix 'test' is not declared.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.Util.toSAXParseException(Util.java:109)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.ErrorHandlerAdaptor.error(ErrorHandlerAdaptor.java:104)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:382)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:429)
        at com.

Now, from what I read on the site these errors are related to Xalan and Xerces missing from the endorsed directories.  I am building under WinXP and have added these files under my JDK 1.5 endorsed directory just to be safe.  I also tried to update the POM file to include them during testing, but no luck there either.  I would have expected that the POM file controls where these jars come from when running the Maven commands, so not sure if I am just missing something simple here.

-Kurt

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.