mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Maven builds of java-xmltooling

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Maven builds of java-xmltooling

  • From: Valery Tschopp <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Maven builds of java-xmltooling
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:13:35 +0200

Hi guys,

I get the same problem with the tests. As a workaround I use the following command to build/install with maven:

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install

But the problem with Xalan/Xerces not being endorsed (automatically?) to run the tests is still there...

Valery

wrote:
I pulled down the latest openSAML code from the SubVersion repos. I am trying to get a successful build in maven so that I can start walking through the code and understand how it all works. I can clean and compile just fine with command line maven, but when it comes to the "tests" the majority of them fail.
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.27 sec <<< FAILURE! testObjectProviderConfiguration(org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationTest) Time elapsed: 0.04 sec <<< ERROR! org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationException: Configuration file does not validate against schema at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.validateConfiguration(XMLConfigurator.java:357) at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:145) at org.opensaml.xml.XMLConfigurator.load(XMLConfigurator.java:125) at org.opensaml.xml.ConfigurationTest.testObjectProviderConfiguration(ConfigurationTest.java:84) Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve 'test:SimpleElement' as a QName: the prefix 'test' is not declared. at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.Util.toSAXParseException(Util.java:109) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.validation.ErrorHandlerAdaptor.error(ErrorHandlerAdaptor.java:104) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:382) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:316) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:429) at com.
Now, from what I read on the site these errors are related to Xalan and Xerces missing from the endorsed directories. I am building under WinXP and have added these files under my JDK 1.5 endorsed directory just to be safe. I also tried to update the POM file to include them during testing, but no luck there either. I would have expected that the POM file controls where these jars come from when running the Maven commands, so not sure if I am just missing something simple here.
-Kurt

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities