mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] Thread Safe classes

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] Thread Safe classes

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] Thread Safe classes
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:39:36 -0400

MessageDecoders and SecurityPolicyRules are required to be thread-safe, and I double-checked those 2 and pretty sure they're fine. The signature profile validator doesn't have any state, it should also be fine. I didn't write the parser pool, there are a few areas there that appear a little sketchy with respect to concurrency, but nothing that would affect typical usage and fundamental operation.

All are used heavily in our Shibboleth 2.0 IdP in a multi-threaded manner, we haven't seen any issues yet.

Did you see anything in particular in the code or behavior that would lead you to believe otherwise? If so, feel free to report or file a bug.

--Brent

Singh, Manish wrote:
It seems safe to assume based on browsing through these classes that
they are thread safe but would be better if author could confirm this.

org.opensaml.security.SAMLSignatureProfileValidator
org.opensaml.saml2.binding.decoding.HTTPPostDecoder
org.opensaml.xml.parse.BasicParserPool
org.opensaml.common.binding.security.MessageReplayRule

Thanks,
Manish