mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] loading additional configuration with XMLConfigurator

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] loading additional configuration with XMLConfigurator

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] loading additional configuration with XMLConfigurator
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:46:26 +0200

Kenny Pearce wrote:
Hi,
I'm getting odd classloader behavior with the XMLConfigurator. I am
creating a SAML extension (an additional message type), so I made a new
XML file and after calling DefaultBootstrap.bootstrap, I call
XMLConfigurator.load with an InputStream to my XML file (please tell me
if this is not the correct way to do this).
Hi,

I'm not so familiar with the way you're trying to register your extension, maybe it's the other way of doing it. What worked for me however is pretty easy and quick, just registering the extension object's providers after calling the default bootstrap:

org.opensaml.xml.Configuration.registerObjectProvider(
YourExtensionObject.DEFAULT_ELEMENT_NAME,
new YourExtensionObjectBuilder(), new YourExtensionObjectMarshaller(),
new YourExtensionObjectUnmarshaller(), null);

Not very sure this corresponds to what you're trying to do, thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

Regards,
Manuela

--
Manuela Stanica

DFN-Verein - The German Education & Research Network
Stresemannstrasse 78, D-10963 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 88429929
www.dfn.de Fax +49 30 88429970