mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] loading additional configuration with XMLConfigurator

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] loading additional configuration with XMLConfigurator

  • From: Xavier Drudis Ferran <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] loading additional configuration with XMLConfigurator
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:24:29 +0200

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 11:10:12AM -0400, Kenny Pearce wrote:
> I don't know if this is relevant, but I am running under Tomcat and my
> code is in WEB-INF/classes, whereas the OpenSAML library code is in a
> jar in a directory specified in the shared.loader property.
> Any idea what's going on?

I believe tomcat uses different classloaders for each webapp,
and yet another classloader for tomcat-wide jars, like the
ones in $CATALINA_HOME/share (for security, otherwise one webapp
compromise could contamine another's webapp code).
So probably the openSAML
jars should be in the same directory (at least be loaded from
the same classloader) than your extension class.
Either put your class in share or the OpenSAML jars in WEB-INF/lib,
but be careful if you put opensaml in both places, because
the jar loaded might be the one that can't access your class.

I'm not specially brilliant today, so I may be wrong, but
I'm sure there're docs out there about tomcat classloading, so
if what I say makes no sense, double check the docs.

--
Xavi Drudis Ferran