mace-opensaml-users - RE: java-xmltooling ANT build and JUnit failures

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: java-xmltooling ANT build and JUnit failures

  • From: "Clifford Johnson" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: java-xmltooling ANT build and JUnit failures
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:35:35 -0800

By adding lines to org.opensaml.xml.XMLObjectBaseTestCase to load the
default-config.xml file, I eliminated all but a few failed test cases
appearing in
org.opensaml.xml.signature.ExplicitKeySignatureTrustEngineTest. The
changes required are appended in a patch file.

Now for the ExplicitKeySignatureTrustEngineTest failures ... each test
case in the class failed dues to an issue with the signing private key
included in the class. The stack trace for the failure is in the
attached file ExplicitKeySignatureTrustEngineTest_stacktrace.txt. It
would appear that the base-64 encoded key has some fault when processed
in my environment. As a point of information, I do *not* have the
BouncyCastle JCE library registered as a provider in my Java environment
(I have to avoid it due to the licensing requirements for at least one
of the crypto algorithms it contains). I'll continue trying to find the
issue with the key but, in the mean time, what is the origin of the
encoded key? Does it *require* BouncyCastle as the primary provider for
proper processing?

Thanks.

Clifford
java.security.KeyException: Invalid key information
at
org.opensaml.xml.security.SecurityTestHelper.buildJavaRSAPrivateKey(SecurityTestHelper.java:144)
at
org.opensaml.xml.signature.ExplicitKeySignatureTrustEngineTest.setUp(ExplicitKeySignatureTrustEngineTest.java:145)
at
com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:40)
at
at
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:90)
Caused by: java.security.spec.InvalidKeySpecException:
java.security.InvalidKeyException: IOException : algid parse error, not a
sequence
at
sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyFactory.engineGeneratePrivate(RSAKeyFactory.java:175)
at java.security.KeyFactory.generatePrivate(KeyFactory.java:322)
at
org.opensaml.xml.security.SecurityTestHelper.buildJavaRSAPrivateKey(SecurityTestHelper.java:140)
... 19 more
Caused by: java.security.InvalidKeyException: IOException : algid parse
error, not a sequence
at sun.security.pkcs.PKCS8Key.decode(PKCS8Key.java:344)
at sun.security.pkcs.PKCS8Key.decode(PKCS8Key.java:350)
at
sun.security.rsa.RSAPrivateCrtKeyImpl.<init>(RSAPrivateCrtKeyImpl.java:74)
at
sun.security.rsa.RSAPrivateCrtKeyImpl.newKey(RSAPrivateCrtKeyImpl.java:58)
at
sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyFactory.generatePrivate(RSAKeyFactory.java:274)
at
sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyFactory.engineGeneratePrivate(RSAKeyFactory.java:171)
... 21 more