mace-opensaml-users - RE: xmltooling changes

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: xmltooling changes

  • From: "Brian Sheely" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: xmltooling changes
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:15:24 -0800

I'm happy to say that updating to xml-security-c-1.4.0 resolved my
previous issue. I somehow completely overlooked version 1.4 and thought
I had the most recent version. Anyway, my problem now is that in trying
to compile some of the files in the util directory (e.g.,
CurlURLInputStream.cpp), I get the following error:

>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\wspiapi.h(44) : error C2894: templates cannot
be declared to have 'C' linkage

I assume there's a template defined inside an extern "C" block in some
included file. I don't know how to get past that. Is there some flag
that makes the template code get preprocessed or something? Thanks in
advance.

Brian Sheely