mace-opensaml-users - Problem about endorsed libraries

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Problem about endorsed libraries

  • From: Manuela Stanica <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Problem about endorsed libraries
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:17:59 +0100

Hello,

Some people from our project (GÉANT2), who need to use an API we developed based on opensaml, have come across a problem concerning endorsed libraries. Endorsing Xerces and Xalan seems to be required in order for the opensaml code to work, but this (using endorsed libs) is not possible to do it Java Web Start setup which they are using. Xalan and Xerces jars are configured in JNLP, however this does not make the system load them instead of the default sun jars.
Are there any possible workarounds?

Thanks in advance,
Manuela

--
Manuela Stanica

DFN-Verein - The German Education & Research Network
Stresemannstrasse 78, D-10963 Berlin

Tel. +49 30 88429929
www.dfn.de Fax +49 30 88429970