mace-opensaml-users - Re: Change of logging framework

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Change of logging framework

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Change of logging framework
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 06:41:40 +0100

Anil Saldhana wrote:
A question I want to ask is: if my managed server environment (Ex:Java EE Application Server) still uses commons-logging/log4J, will I be able to use sl4j in that environment just for opensaml2? Any issues you foresee?

Your best bet is to read up on the documentation for SLF4J. The short answer is, yes, this is fine.

Another issue I want to point is whether it is possible to make use of thread context class loader to create instances rather than Class.forName ? This is required in Java EE environments (due to class loaders issue again).

This will depend on the underlying logging system you use. SLF4J just binds to some system, so it will depend on what that logging system does. SLF4J, itself, does not use Class.forName.

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities