mace-opensaml-users - RE: Problem about endorsed libraries

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Problem about endorsed libraries

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Problem about endorsed libraries
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:06:09 -0500

> Well, not to go against what Scott said there may be a way that you
> could do this. The key is that a working JAXP parser must be in place
> prior to invoking the OpenSAML code. I *believe* it would be possible
> to use java.lang.System#setProperties to set which JAXP parser is used.

You're not really contradicting me...what I was trying to say was that I'm
pretty sure it can be done on JDK 1.5+ if Xerces and Xalan are doing all the
right stuff and you figure out the magic incantation, but we haven't tried
to document or support it because it was too complicated.

Specifically, also, since the question was regarding the old opensaml code,
I certainly have no intention of bothering.