mace-opensaml-users - RE: exception creating CredentialResolver (C++)

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: exception creating CredentialResolver (C++)

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: exception creating CredentialResolver (C++)
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:53:13 -0500

> I've created an XML file which I use to create a DOMDocument which can
> then be used to create a CredentialResolver. I wasn't sure whether the
> format of XML file should match the example in svn or whether it should
> contain a certificate attribute as indicated in one of your previous

Either works.

> At any rate, I'm getting an exception "FilesystemCredentialResolver
> unable to load any certificate(s)" that's very similar to what I was
> getting last week. The previous exception was "
> FilesystemCredentialResolver unable to load any certificate(s) from file
> (MIICpTCC...)".

The latter case means it couldn't even open the file path. In this new case,
it opened the file but could not deduce the format of the data, and you
didn't provide a format attribute to tell it what to use (which is fine
since it normally just auto detects it).

If OpenSSL can read and parse the certificate, you'll have to turn up
logging to tell what it's doing. You can set logging level programmatically
using a config file like Shibboleth's, a constant string containing the log
level, or by setting the environment variable XMLTOOLING_LOG_CONFIG.

Long term a config file is better so you can turn off DEBUG for the
XMLObject categories and leave it on for various other things like this.