mace-opensaml-users - Re: NullPointerException when building objects

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: NullPointerException when building objects

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: NullPointerException when building objects
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:42:45 -0400

We already do. Here's the error message:

"OpenSAML requires an xml parser that supports JAXP 1.3 and DOM3. The
JVM is currently configured to use the Sun XML parser, which is known to
be buggy and can not be used with OpenSAML. Please endorse a functional
JAXP library(ies) such as Xerces and Xalan. For instructions on how to
endorse a new parser see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/index.html";

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg