mace-opensaml-users - RE: decoding public keys in metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: decoding public keys in metadata

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: decoding public keys in metadata
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 15:45:06 -0400

> I'm not sure it requires a simpler API, just simply knowing what's
> required. Maybe adding a few lines of info in the javadoc for the
> SignObject method.

I guess it's not the same, but in C++, the signature object can tell if its
been marshalled or not, and obviously you can't sign until it gets
marshalled. Since that happens when the rest of the structure is, there's no
way to get it wrong without an exception unless you specifically took pains
to marshall only the signature node.