mace-opensaml-users - RE: decoding public keys in metadata

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: decoding public keys in metadata

  • From: "Paul Hethmon" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: decoding public keys in metadata
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 10:00:11 -0700

Sure, here's what I originally thought to do:

socr = new
org.opensaml.common.impl.SAMLObjectContentReference(assertion);
signature.getContentReferences().add(socr);
assertion.setSignature(signature);
// Now sign it
org.opensaml.xml.signature.Signer.signObject(signature);

That doesn't error out, but ends up without a signature value. A message
on the mailing list from last October led me to this:

socr = new
org.opensaml.common.impl.SAMLObjectContentReference(assertion);
signature.getContentReferences().add(socr);
assertion.setSignature(signature);
// Get the marshaller factory
MarshallerFactory marshallerFactory =
org.opensaml.Configuration.getMarshallerFactory();
Marshaller marshaller =
marshallerFactory.getMarshaller(assertion);
try {
// By marshalling the assertion, we will create the XML so that
the signing will have something to sign
marshaller.marshall(assertion);
} catch (MarshallingException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
// Now sign it
org.opensaml.xml.signature.Signer.signObject(signature);

That seems to work to the best I can figure out. At least I can validate
with my public key after signing this way.

Paul