mace-opensaml-users - RE: SAML profile of XACML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: SAML profile of XACML

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SAML profile of XACML
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:02:37 -0400

> In case there isn't any implementation, how should I proceed to
> implement it myself using OpenSAML as a basis? I'm reading the wiki
> documents but didn't understand yet how a profile is implemented.

"A profile" is not a generic thing, it's built of a lot of different pieces
that vary a lot from profile to profile.

There might be XMLObject implementations for schema additions, Validators
for enforcing rules, binding encoders or decoders, or things that don't even
exist, and then you have to factor in all the surrounding context and
configuration.