mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAML profile of XACML

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAML profile of XACML

  • From: "Anil Saldhana" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SAML profile of XACML
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:20:17 -0500

The XACML Technical Committee at Oasis recently conducted an interop event at the Burton Catalyst conference using the SAML profile.
If you want samples for XACML req/response using SAML, please look for the interop document
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24475/xacml-2.0-core-interop-draft-12-04.doc

On 7/31/07, Tom Scavo <> wrote:
On 7/31/07, <> wrote:

> I'm working on a access control framework and I'd like to use the SAML
> 2.0 profile of XACML v2.0
> (http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/2.0/access_control-xacml-2.0-saml-profile-spec-os.pdf ) but I'm unaware of any implementation of this
> profile.
>
> Does anyone knows if there is any implementation of this profile
> (better if its open source)?

I believe this profile has been implemented by Rachana Ananthakrishnan
in Globus Toolkit:

http://www.globus.org/toolkit/

I suggest you ask this question in the Globus mailing lists
().

There are others working on this problem as well, including David
Chadwick in the UK and Valerio Venturi in Italy.

Hope this helps,
Tom