mace-opensaml-users - Re: FileBackedURLMetadataProvider

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: FileBackedURLMetadataProvider

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: FileBackedURLMetadataProvider
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:50:45 -0700

Complain to Sun about non-intuitive error messages? ;)

Usually this error is thrown when:
- You have a serialized version of a class and try to read it in to a
different version of that class (for example one that has had some
fields removed).

- Some sort of bytecode instrumentation has screwed up the class
bytecode... but not so badly as to be unusable.

- And, i think, when a class instance is loaded by one class loader and
then passed to a different loader that contains a different version of
the class.

Now, the bad part is that I suspect your not knowingly doing any of
these. Can you provide the URL of the metadata you trying to load?
I'll see if I can replicate the error.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124