mace-opensaml-users - Timeframe for major release

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Timeframe for major release

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Timeframe for major release
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:06:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I was wondering when you plan to have the major release of the opensaml 2.0
framework ready.

We are currently building a saml service provider for a customer, and we need
to be able to be saml 2.0 compliant by the end of this year. Currently we are
planning to use the opensaml 1.1 framework in the short term with a new
release of the application scheduled for later in the year to include saml
2.0.

If the opensaml 2.0 framework is close to complete then we would look at
using this for both stages of the project and add any changes back into the
code stream. We have some time to test and debug issues and are happy to
contribute to the opensaml project.

Can you give me some idea of the time frame for a major release of opensaml
2.0?

Thanks,
Tim Ransom