mace-opensaml-users - RE: PAOS Binding implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: PAOS Binding implementation

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: PAOS Binding implementation
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 17:37:53 -0400

> Hi SAML's developers.
> I'm going to code a PAOS binding implementation in OpenSAML lib.I don't
> want to commit it in OpenSAML CSV,but I want to sustain object model style
> of OpenSAML2.
> Advise me please in creation of abstraction for SAML Binding. I have
> chosen SAML Binding implementation in OpenSAML 1.1 as template. My problem
> in interface SAMLBinding.It contain 2 methods:

The binding code in 1.1 is nothing to copy, and there's really no chance it
would work for PAOS. Those APIs cannot handle a front-channel model, they
were for SOAP.

If you want to write a message encoder/decoder pair for 2.0 that would make a
lot more sense but it might also be getting done anyway. The problem with
PAOS is the SOAP headers, particularly on the encoder side. The decoder model
should fit it without much trouble, and it might actually just be
unnecessary, the normal SOAP decoder might be sufficient.