mace-opensaml-users - PAOS Binding implementation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

PAOS Binding implementation

  • From: "Олег Тимофеев" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: PAOS Binding implementation
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 01:12:48 +0400

Hi SAML's developers.
I'm going to code a PAOS binding implementation in OpenSAML lib.I don't want to commit it in OpenSAML CSV,but I want to sustain object model style of OpenSAML2.
Advise me please in creation of abstraction for SAML Binding. I have chosen SAML Binding implementation in OpenSAML 1.1 as template. My problem in interface SAMLBinding.It contain 2 methods:

SAMLResponse send(String endpoint, SAMLRequest request)
SAMLRequest receive(Object reqContext, int minorVersion)

But for PAOS we send SAMLResponse with AuthNStatement to SP then receive requested resource or SAMLResponse with AuthN Error. IdP (receiver) receive SAMLResponse:

InputStream send(String endpoint, SAMLResponse request)
SAMLObject receive(Object reqContext, int minorVersion)

Now I created Class-wrapper with inputStream and samlObject attributes. I always set inputStream. When HTTP Request contain PAOSResponse/SAMLRequest I set samlObject. In SAMLBinding interface I changed signature for send and receive

SendResult send(String endpoint, SAMLObject request)
SAMLObject receive(Object reqContext, int minorVersion)

My PAOS binding class inherit from SOAP binding class

Maybe you have better idea?
Now I don't known how me marshall the PAOSResponse/PAOSRequest. Do you have any ideas?