mace-opensaml-users - State of OpenSAML 2.0

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

State of OpenSAML 2.0

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: State of OpenSAML 2.0
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:29:01 -0400 (EDT)

Dear OpenSAML developers,

I would like to use SAML 2.0 for an SSO project. In what state is OpenSAML
2.0? I know you are waiting for the Shibboleth release, but is the library
already functional?

I've played around with the TP2 Jar release
(http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/opensaml2/java/tp2/), what I
noticed is that the authentication contexts are missing, in trunk too. Are
there any other factors that limit the usability of the library at the
moment? In particular are Signature and Encryption operations fully supported?

Thanks in advance,
Alex