mace-opensaml-users - RE: Spec compliance at the cost of more dependencies?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Spec compliance at the cost of more dependencies?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Spec compliance at the cost of more dependencies?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:54:25 -0500

> xmlsec does not require it, it just requires a JCE that supports all key
> gen, algos, etc. that are required by the signature and encryption spec,
> which, as I said is the issue.

Well, I can certainly say that my mode has been not to require people to run
with OpenSSL 0.9.7 even though you need that to support all the other hash
algorithms. My code still builds with 0.9.6, and just doesn't support those
features.

I don't think it's a problem if people run with Sun's JCE and things beyond
the basics fail. People get what they get.