mace-opensaml-users - Re: Spec compliance at the cost of more dependencies?

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Spec compliance at the cost of more dependencies?

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Spec compliance at the cost of more dependencies?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:05:02 -0600

Derek Morr wrote:
So, here's the question. For those using the Sun JRE, is requiring a dependency on a different JCE, e.g. bouncycastle, acceptable or are you willing to forgo specification compliance in order to avoid another dependency?

Don't we already have an (implicit) dependence on Bouncycastle, since Apache's xmlsec library uses it? I'm not in favor of requiring a specific JCE, but if we're already doing it, I'm not sure I see the problem of requiring it elsewhere.

xmlsec does not require it, it just requires a JCE that supports all key gen, algos, etc. that are required by the signature and encryption spec, which, as I said is the issue.
--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124