mace-opensaml-users - Re: common-config.xml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: common-config.xml

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: common-config.xml
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:33:01 -0500

Brad Anderson wrote:
Yes, this is in a web app, as SSO - a .NET shop is sending us assertions after
authenticated users click on a link in their portal to our site. A servlet
gathers the assertion out of the request and verifies dates, issuer, and
hopefully soon, the digsig.

We're using Tomcat and the three jar files are indeed in tomcat/common/lib. A
rework could put them in tomcat/conf, potentially?

Ok, thanks for the info. Assuming you are using our Ant build.xml to build the jars - I realized after I sent the last note that I had forgotten to fix the build file to copy the conf files to the right place, so the conf files wouldn't have been making it into the xmltooling jar at all. I believe I have that fixed now. Grab the new java-xmltooling build.xml and give it another try.

No, by reworking I meant changing how, where and/or by whom the signature and encryption object provider config files get loaded. I thought there might be issues with finding and loading them as resources the way we do now. There still is at least one issue, I believe, namely that xmltooling and opensaml jars have to be loaded by the same classloader, but we decided we would live with that for now.