mace-opensaml-users - Re: common-config.xml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: common-config.xml

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To: Brad Anderson <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: common-config.xml
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:22:48 -0500

Hi Brad,
Just about half an hour ago I checked in some more changes that should fix the object provider initialization for java-opensaml2. The config should now all be pulled from the config files that live in java-xmltooling, which have been moved up to the top-level of the library. Pull that latest stuff down and see if it works for you.

As you and others have noticed, the encryption and signature is being worked on (reworked) heavily right now, and it's a bit difficult to keep everything in line. :-)

Thanks,
Brent

Brad Anderson wrote:
I've just updated all three java packages to trunk as of today. In
xmltooling, around r214, putmanb was redoing the
implementation of KeyInfo.

http://svn.middleware.georgetown.edu/view?view=rev&root=java-xmltooling&revision=214

This caused the main opensaml2 lib to not work properly unless I changed the
/conf/common-config.xml directory to
reflect his class changes.

<!-- XML Digital Signature KeyInfo -->
<ObjectProvider qualifiedName="ds:KeyInfo">
<BuilderClass
className="org.opensaml.xml.signature.impl.KeyInfoBuilder" />
<MarshallingClass
className="org.opensaml.xml.signature.impl.KeyInfoMarshaller" />
<UnmarshallingClass
className="org.opensaml.xml.signature.impl.KeyInfoUnmarshaller" />
</ObjectProvider>

Is this the correct update that needed to be applied? It seems so, because I
am getting as far as I was getting with
signature verification before my 'svn up'.

Cheers,
Brad