mace-opensaml-users - Re: missing namespace attribute

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: missing namespace attribute

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Re: missing namespace attribute
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:31:47 -0400

On 10/26/06, Scott Cantor
> Now I turned it around and tried to consume an assertion containing
> such a statement, but the parser chokes:

The parser is always validating in OS1. You would *have* to register the
extension schema into the XML ParserPool for this to parse.

Adding the schema resource to XML.java worked!

> I added the new type to the statement type map in SubjectStatement
> (which is not public) but that didn't help:

That's necessary, but not sufficient. And there should be a register method
somewhere to add your definition to the map, there's no need to do it
directly.

Yes, I finally found the static regFactory method in the SAMLStatement class.

Thanks, Scott!

Tom