mace-opensaml-users - RE: missing namespace attribute

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: missing namespace attribute

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Subject: RE: missing namespace attribute
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 13:11:40 -0400

> which is missing a namespace attribute (xmlns:samlsap). If someone
> could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

You're not adding your namespace to the inclusive prefix list. Using
xsi:type requires the namespace of the QName be manually included when
running c14n code or it will get stripped if it's not visibly used on the
element.

OS2 has additional code to assist in getting things correct, plus it doesn't
force the use of c14n when outputing XML, which makes it simpler. You would
get the right output, to some degree, if you just ran toDOM() and wrote the
DOM to XML yourself somehow, but you'd still run into signature problems if
you sign.

If you're application requires custom prefixes, the only thing you can
really do in that version is update the inclusive-prefix property with your
prefix, or you could use one of the "internal" prefixes I happen to use to
brute force things, like typens. It's a hack.

Basically, XML sucks, my old code's pretty broken, and in the best case,
this is really hard and extensions should be considered a last resort.