mace-opensaml-users - Re: Using OpenSAML with WebSphere 6.0.2

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: Using OpenSAML with WebSphere 6.0.2

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Using OpenSAML with WebSphere 6.0.2
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:29:36 -0500

The libraries only have to be in the endorsed directory when the JRE has busted implementations of the JAXP 1.3 APIs. You may use other parsers as long as they are JAXP 1.3 compliant. If IBM isn't repackaging Xerces though it's questionable whether they have a compliant parser.

Chris Rose wrote:
I believe it to be the case that IBM is NOT repackaging a version of
Xerces-J that is suitable. Moreover, I'm reasonably sure that the
version they use is required by other parts of the container.

So, is there any other way to inject a different parser source into
OpenSAML? Why is it strictly required that the XML parser be in the
endorsed directory, as opposed to being on the classpath in general?