mace-opensaml-users - Re: SAMLNameIdentifier.equals

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: SAMLNameIdentifier.equals

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To: "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Subject: Re: SAMLNameIdentifier.equals
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 06:57:52 -0500

That's what I figured. I'm not sure what unit test Tom was looking at but the unit test in the OpenSAML 1.1 head branch correctly do an equality comparison on the string serialized format. So it looks like we're set.

Scott Cantor wrote:
Because the equals() being used is Object.equals() which simply checks for reference equality, i.e. nameid1 == nameid2. Yes, the class should override equals() if there is a thought that equals() will be used in that manner.

And there has never been such an operation, thus no support for comparing
XML objects on the basis of the content rather than the object instance.

Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124