mace-opensaml-users - RE: endorsed JARs

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: endorsed JARs

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Cc: "'Rachana Ananthakrishnan'" <>
  • Subject: RE: endorsed JARs
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 15:43:21 -0500

I looked again, and I think Xalan was still in there because the old SAML
1.0 broken signing options used to depend on XPath, but I think I yanked it
as of 1.1 or maybe earlier. I can't see anything that would require Xalan at
this point since the xmlsec snapshot was bug fixed by Raul to bypass Xalan
until XPath was needed.

I would speculate a non-Shib use of OpenSAML should just try endorsing only
Xerces 2.7.1 jars and ignore Xalan, but it doesn't really matter. If the
Xalan jars don't match with Shibboleth I don't think it illustrates anything
significant.

The bottom line is the code is JAXP 1.3 compliant now and issues like what
to use should probably be left off of OpenSAML's plate other than noting
what works or doesn't (e.g. Sun's works but leaks). On the wiki perhaps.