mace-opensaml-users - RE: Artifact examples in Open SAML 1.1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Artifact examples in Open SAML 1.1

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Sisto Luisella'" <>, "'OpenSAML'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Artifact examples in Open SAML 1.1
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:14:14 -0500

> * Can anybody supply a reference to a clear example of
> artifact use and resolution?

As usual, Shibboleth is pretty much all there is. I suppose from a basic
point of view, the SAMLBrowserProfile class itself shows how it works
because it has an interface parameter that you pass in the resolve the
artifacts, but the raw processing of the artifacts on input are in there.

> * It seems that the <AssertionArtifact> tag defined in
> the SAML 1.1 specifications (precisely pag. 28, line 1071 of
> document "oasis-sstc-saml-core-1.1") is not provided by
> current implementation of openSAML 1.1.

Yes, it is, as is Tom Scavo's artifact parsing and creation code.

AFAIK, 1.1 supports everything in SAML 1.1 in at worst a limited fashion.
Metadata doesn't count, it wasn't part of that specification.