mace-opensaml-users - Artifact examples in Open SAML 1.1

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Artifact examples in Open SAML 1.1

  • From: Sisto Luisella <>
  • To: OpenSAML <>
  • Subject: Artifact examples in Open SAML 1.1
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:12:07 +0100

Hello.

My name is Luisella Sisto and I have joined the openSAML mailing list, since I have been recenlty involved in a project using openSAML 1.1 libraries (Java version).

I am more interested in the specifications aspect, while other colleagues deal with the implementation issues.

I have a couple of specific questions, coming from the implementation side:

  • Can anybody supply a reference to a clear example of artifact use and resolution?
  • It seems that the <AssertionArtifact> tag defined in the SAML 1.1 specifications (precisely pag. 28, line 1071 of document “oasis-sstc-saml-core-1.1”) is not provided by current implementation of openSAML 1.1.

What can we do, in order to be compliant with SAML 1.1? Make an ad-hoc element and use it in an ad-hoc fashion?

Sorry for these naïve questions, but I am quite new to these aspects, though they look really interesting.

Waiting for you kind feedback,

I thank you in advance,

Luisella Sisto

Telecom Italia Labs

Via Reiss Romoli 274, Torino, Italy

+39011-2288958

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
. Thank you