mace-opensaml-users - RE: Exception upon parsing SAML request

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Exception upon parsing SAML request

  • From: "Alexander Mueller" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Exception upon parsing SAML request
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:23:42 +0200

> Umm, somehow it just escaped my notice, but when you said that I realized
> that you're trying to parse a SOAP envelope as a SAML Request. By default,
> don't check the root element since I assume the programmer knows what he's
> up to. In this case, you don't, I didn't, and it crashes.
> If you turn on the strict dom checking parameter, it would bail out at the
> top.
> Scott

I guess you are referring to this

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>

Right? I took this example right from

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/6837/sstc-saml-tech-overview-1.1-cd.pdf

There is another envelope type ("SOAP-ENV") mentioned at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAML, however I get the same exception with this
example. Which type of envelope would I need for a successful call?

Thanks again,
Alexander