mace-opensaml-users - RE: RE: Exception upon parsing SAML request

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: RE: Exception upon parsing SAML request

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: RE: Exception upon parsing SAML request
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:18:13 -0400

> Thanks Scott. I compiled a debug version by which I then
> found out that the parsing exception happens in line 184 (the
> first parseInt() call for "MajorVersion"). I am not really
> familiar with Java's XML classes, however I noticed that the
> attributes field of "e" is null and so getAttributeNS() might
> not be able to return "MajorVersion".

Umm, somehow it just escaped my notice, but when you said that I realized
that you're trying to parse a SOAP envelope as a SAML Request. By default, I
don't check the root element since I assume the programmer knows what he's
up to. In this case, you don't, I didn't, and it crashes.

If you turn on the strict-dom-checking parameter, it would bail out at the
top.