mace-opensaml-users - Implementing SAML for SSO

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Implementing SAML for SSO

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Implementing SAML for SSO
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 05:45:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Friends,
I have very basic idea of what SAML is? I am implementing SSO
[Single Sign On] for our project and we have WebLogic 8.1 server. I have
already implemented security providers for authentication and authorization,
only part left is Credential and identity asserter, I want to implement SAML
for SSO. Now, the question is how to make a SAML token so that I can assert
identity in my identity asserter provider implementation. I downloaded
openSAML but didn't found any tutorial as how to get start with it.
I seen one example that test the signature [comes with openSAML download],
the question is are we going to provide assertion.xml file in each request or
we have to generate it.I am not sure as to how it will work as a SSO, also
any code snippets or link will help me to figure out the work I need to do
for using SAML and OpenSAML for SSO.

I want to know in and out of SAML implementation as token and all the
required help in this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shailesh