mace-opensaml-users - Re: about dom3 in opensaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: about dom3 in opensaml

  • From: Evan Comer <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: about dom3 in opensaml
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:56:29 +0800

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry I didn't describe it clearly.

My application used dom2 xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar. To support
opensaml in my application, I put dom3-xml-api-2.4.0.jar and
dom3-xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar in the endorsed directory. Since my
application used some classes which is in dom2 xercesImpl but not in
dom3-xercesImpl, like org.apache.xerces.dom.DOMInputImpl,
org.apache.xerces.xs.* and so on, I have to use both of xercesImpl.jar
and dom3-xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar.

I tried building my application with all of xml-apis.jar,
xercesImpl.jar, dom3-xml-api-2.4.0.jar and dom3-xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar.
It can run. But I haven't used signing function in opensaml which
called the dom3-api setIdAttributeNS(), and signing whould probably be
used in my application in the future.
I mean, the calls of dom3-api are not been executed right now and the
program can run, but they will be executed some day. What will happen
then?
Would there be any potential confliction between xml-apis.jar and
dom3-xml-api-2.4.0.jar, xercesImpl.jar and dom3-xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar ?

Thank you.

-Evan

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:26:48 -0500, Scott Cantor