mace-opensaml-users - RE: about dom3 in opensaml

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: about dom3 in opensaml

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Evan Comer'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: about dom3 in opensaml
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:26:48 -0500

> If I included the dom2 jar files, and set the dom3 jar files endorsed
> as well, would there be any confliction? That's to say, can I use dom2
> and dom3 at the same time in the same project?

DOM3 support does not break DOM2 applications. I have no plans to change
anything or reduce the requirements, particular since the code now requires
JAXP 1.3 anyway. That's much more likely to raise red flags than using a
DOM3 parser is.

If your application doesn't run with this Xerces code or with Sun's JAXP
parser, you probably need to be looking at the application for bugs,
frankly.