mace-opensaml-users - RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example

  • From: hao chen <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:02:30 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Hi Scott,

I would very like to listen to your suggestions. I am
doing a project whose programming language is c/c++,
it would verify any saml assertion. Right now the
security requirement is requiring all saml assertions
are signed. Those assertions may generated by java, c,
any program languages, or any federated ID management
servers that follow SAML 1.1. I need to write a
program which can recognize all kind of popular format
of certificates and use them to verify the signature
of saml assertion. Based on your answer to my last
question, signing an assertion may not work in all
cases. Does that indicate our security requirement for
all saml assertions must be signed not be realistic? I
also would like to ask you do me a favor of giving
some code which can read normal format of certificate
storage if you ever have.

I did learn a lot from your responses to my e-mail. I
would like to say thanks again.

hao
--- Scott Cantor

=====