mace-opensaml-users - RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'hao chen'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:34:25 -0500

> caught an XMLSecCrypto exception: OpenSSL:X509 - Error
> transating Base64 DER enoding into OpenSSL X509 structure

I don't recall exactly where that gets thrown, but in general signtest is
not a very useful program. It's just for testing for signature interop
between Java and C++, basically.

> It looks like this is related to the private key and
> self-signed certificate. Is there any available
> private key and certificate for test purpose in
> opensaml distribution. I highly appreciate any help
> for this issue.

No, there's nothing checked in. If you don't understand how to do that
yourself, I think this probably isn't going to be a helpful program for you.
You should probably learn how to use the openssl command line first.