mace-opensaml-users - RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example

  • From: hao chen <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: get error when run signtest.cpp example
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:15:32 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Hi Scott,

The signtest program is just what I would like to try
since testing java, c, and third party FIM is what I
am doing. I did use openssl to generate those key and
cert and I also verified the key and cert are good by
using openssl tool. I wonder what kind of format of
the key storage is required by opensaml, such as I am
using DER. Is DER acceptable for opensaml? If I use
java keytool to generate those key and cert, does
opensaml in C accept them?

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks!
hao
--- Scott Cantor

> > caught an XMLSecCrypto exception: OpenSSL:X509 -
> Error
> > transating Base64 DER enoding into OpenSSL X509
> structure
>
> I don't recall exactly where that gets thrown, but
> in general signtest is
> not a very useful program. It's just for testing for
> signature interop
> between Java and C++, basically.
>
> > It looks like this is related to the private key
> and
> > self-signed certificate. Is there any available
> > private key and certificate for test purpose in
> > opensaml distribution. I highly appreciate any
> help
> > for this issue.
>
> No, there's nothing checked in. If you don't
> understand how to do that
> yourself, I think this probably isn't going to be a
> helpful program for you.
> You should probably learn how to use the openssl
> command line first.
>
> -- Scott

=====
Best Regard