mace-opensaml-users - RE: Equality of SAMLNameIdentifier objects

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Equality of SAMLNameIdentifier objects

  • From: "Markus Lorch" <>
  • To: "'Scott Cantor'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Equality of SAMLNameIdentifier objects
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:54:27 -0500

Thank you Scott for the quick and elaborate answer.

I think I can agree with / live with all the points you
said. And yes, it did work in 0.8 - I was under the
impression that in Java the basic objects equal function
simply compares the value of the member variables not
object references (but this may break if member variables
are not just simple type but are references to other
objects. I guess such a reference got introduced with
the NameIdentifier objects where before we only had
simple types as members (maybe?).

Markus