mace-opensaml-users - RE: Registering new statement factory method in Cpp code

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Registering new statement factory method in Cpp code

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Markus Lorch'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Registering new statement factory method in Cpp code
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:19:33 -0400

> I've extended the XSD and the parser runs through the received XML
> fine but then SAMLStatement fails to locate the implementation of
> ObligatedAuthorizationDecisionStatement.

Meaning you added your statement to the actual SAML schema itself?

> I looked how SAMLAuthorizationDecisionStatement is registered and tried
> to do the same thing but I must be missing something. I added the items
> listed below to the respecive files. Make etc. compiles the new
> statement fine.

Obviously the proper way is to have an extension library, not to modify the
actual source, but I'm sure you're just testing.

I'd have to say the code all looks fine...I hesitate to sound suspicious,
but can you carefully check the constant you declared for the element name
and make sure it's correct? It's easy to screw them up, obviously.

I'd have to suggest debugging into the code and maybe adding some dummy
statements to SAMLConfig to try and interrogate the map and see if the
registration is working, dump out the values in there, that kind of thing.