mace-opensaml-users - Re: opensaml toolkit and JAXB generated bindings for SAML 1.1 XML Schemas

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: opensaml toolkit and JAXB generated bindings for SAML 1.1 XML Schemas

  • From: Farrukh Najmi <>
  • To: Sanga Viswanathan <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: opensaml toolkit and JAXB generated bindings for SAML 1.1 XML Schemas
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 07:08:17 -0400

Sanga Viswanathan wrote:

I have been using JAXB in conjunction with opensaml and had issues with
signature verification. If I let JAXB do the unmarshalling/marshalling and
then pass it over to opensaml, I could never get signatures to work.
Primarily because JAXB was modifying the xml in some way after
marshal/unmarshal. I had to explicitly use opensaml and let it do all the
parsing/c14n etc.

Thanks Sanga and Scott for all your great experience sharing.

I have been using JAXB and XML DSIG API for signature generation and verification without any issues for about a year in [1]
It saved me a ton of work and I highly reccomend opensaml 2.0 consider it.

Could it be that you used an older version of JAXB or maybe your issue would have been resolved if you had pursued it with the very responsive JAXB team.

[1] freebXML Registry Open Source Project
http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net

However I have found JAXB to be pretty useful in general when dealing with
xml.

-Sanga