mace-opensaml-users - opensaml toolkit and JAXB generated bindings for SAML 1.1 XML Schemas

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

opensaml toolkit and JAXB generated bindings for SAML 1.1 XML Schemas

  • From: Farrukh Najmi <>
  • To:
  • Subject: opensaml toolkit and JAXB generated bindings for SAML 1.1 XML Schemas
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:06:05 -0400

Please forgive my newbie questions as I try to understand what opensaml toolkit provides.

Lets assume I were to generate Java binding classes from the SAML 1.1 XML Schema files. I assume that I will be able to use the JAXB generated binding classes to:

a) Create SAML 1.1 Request/Response XML (Marshal Java to XML use case)

b) Process SAML 1.1 Request/Response XML(Marshal from XML to Java use case)

Alternatively, I could use opensaml toolkit which certainly allows me to (a) and (b) above.

I am curious what other advantages the opensaml toolkit would provide above and beyond (a) and (b) when compared with the JAXB based approach described above.
Thanks in advance for clarifying this for me.

--
Regards,
Farrukh