mace-opensaml-users - RE: OpenSAML compilation on AIX

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: OpenSAML compilation on AIX

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'François Beretti'" <>, "'OpenSAML List'" <>
  • Subject: RE: OpenSAML compilation on AIX
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:50:02 -0400

> I have been trying for several day to compile and install OpenSAML on
> AIX, and I am facing mutiple problems.

I have no AIX to test with, and am not aware of anybody succeeding in using
it yet. There are probably various patches needed to the autotools scripts,
at a minimum.

> And I can't compile OpenSAML against Xerces binaries ("Can't
> link with xerces" during the 'configure' operation). In fact xerces
> binaries seem to be compiled with xlC_r, while I use gcc/g++.
> Maybe this is the reason why they won't link.

It is. You cannot mix C++ compilers. You must build everything with the same
compiler. Either Xerces has to be built with gcc, or you have to modify my
configure scripts to use xlC.

Try the Xerces list if you need help getting it to build. I also suspect
that xml-security won't build on AIX either.