mace-opensaml-users - OpenSAML compilation on AIX

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

OpenSAML compilation on AIX

  • From: François Beretti <>
  • To: OpenSAML List <>
  • Subject: OpenSAML compilation on AIX
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:40:23 +0200

Hello all

I have been trying for several day to compile and install OpenSAML on AIX, and I am facing mutiple problems.
I succeeded to compile openssl, curl, log4cpp and xmlsec (with libxml2), but I can't compile xerces (it complains about a makec++sharedlib_r not found). And I can't compile OpenSAML against Xerces binaries ("Can't link with xerces" during the 'configure' operation). In fact xerces binaries seem to be compiled with xlC_r, while I use gcc/g++. Maybe this is the reason why they won't link.

Did anyone ever succeeded in compiling OpenSaml on AIX 5.1 (32 bits) with gcc ?

François