mace-opensaml-users - Re: AttributeQuery use cases

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: AttributeQuery use cases

  • From: Mike Ferraro <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: AttributeQuery use cases
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:33:19 -0400

Quoting
:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Section 3.4.4 states:
> ."If the SAML authority cannot provide an assertion with any statements
> satisfying the constraints expressed by a query, the <Response> element MUST
> NOT contain an <Assertion> element and MUST include a <StatusCode> element
> with
> value Success. It MAY return a <StatusMessage> element with additional
> information."
>
> imo, your [B], [C] imply that the attributes exist, but the values are [null
> |
> empty] which is the concrete result of the query. Section 3.4.4 seems to be
> applicable for both [A] and [D].
>
> Opinions?

I agree with this and my solutions for A & D were derived from the section
that
you quoted above. (In my email, when I said that no AttributeStatement was
returned, I meant that no Assertion was returned. Simply a response with a
Status.)

The dilemna comes in that I am unsure of how to represent the concrete results
of null or empty. Ideally, returning an Attribute element with no
AttributeValue for null and an empty AttributeValue element for empty would be
great. Unfortunately, this is not possible.

-Mike