mace-opensaml-users - RE: Adding new statements or queries

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Adding new statements or queries

  • From: Oscar Canovas Reverte <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Adding new statements or queries
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:38:01 +0100

> Yes, you need to register an EntityResolver interface along with your
> schema's namespace so that the XML parser can load the schema properly when
> it sees that namespace. You can do this in a variety of ways, the resolver
> interface is part of JAXP and just requires that if you're asked for that
> namespace you give it the stream.

I've taking a look to the XML.java file and I guess I have to use the
"registerSchema" method in order to register my class implementing the
EntityResolver interface (which needs to contain a resolveEntity method
to return the InputSource with my schema). Is it right or am I
completely lost?

> Look at the existing statements, they are just built-in extensions. The only
> advantage they have is that the SAML init code registers the class name (one
> line of code) and that the schemas are already resolved by my entity
> resolver. That's the piece you have to do. One way is just to put the schema
> file in your jar, and have your resolver load the file from the jar as a
> Java resource.

PS: In the SAMLAuthorizationDecisionStatement.fromDOM() method, if
org.opensaml.stric-dom-checking is TRUE, you check against SAMLP_NS.
Should it be SAML_NS? -isElementNamed(e,XML.SAMLP_NS,"Statement")-

Regards,

Oscar.